To factory reset a Cisco AIR-CAP3502I-E-K9, follow the following. I’m fairly certain this will work with most Aironet access points but I only have this model available.
- Connect to the access point with a serial/console cable, fire up PuTTY and connect to the correct COM port.
- Whilst holding the MODE button, connect the power cable or ethernet cable if using PoE.
- Keep holdings the MODE button until the LED flashes red. You should see the ap: prompt.
- Run dir flash: – You should see private-multiple-fs and env_vars
- Run the following 2 commands
12rename flash:private-multiple-fs flash:private-multiple-fs-oldrename flash:env_vars flash:env_vars-old
- Run dir flash: again to confirm the files have been renamed.
- If everything looks good, type reset and confirm with y to reboot the access point.
- When the access points reboot, you should be able to login with username: Cisco and password: Cisco